Friday, May 1, 2009

I'm running out of friends!

We're grilling with some good friends of ours this evening, I haven't seen them for a long long time, it will be good to see them, but its just not like the good old days.....I'm sure most of you know where I'm going with this.

Couple #1 married 3 or 4 years after us, they have an adorable almost 2 year old and a little girl due this summer. Couple #2 - not married, dating for a couple of years AND expecting a little boy in about 4 weeks. Yep, even our unmarried friends are having kids before us now..ugh!! So I'll get to sit there all night listening to them talk about thier pregnancies, and birth story and their kid, yadda, yadda, yadda, I know the drill.....I plan to drink plenty, it seems to make these evenings at least a little more enjoyable. Its so hard to relate to pretty much anyone around our age group, perhaps we need to start going to college bars and make some really young pre-children friends. Hahaha...who am I kidding, I bet all college kids love to hang out with 30 somethings! Maybe they should have private bars,clubs,restaurants just for the infertile crowd. No children/talk of children and/or pregnancy allowed - full of activities only non-preggos can partake in, maybe a mechanical bull....and booze, lots and lots of booze!

Oh well...wish me luck, and not too big of a headache in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. All of our friends have been popping out kids for years while I sit there and watch. Its rough. I continue to pray that you and your husband will be the next parents in your group!

    ReplyDelete