Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why its wise not to live in small town...

especially the town you grew up in. I was out on my lunch hour today, the town has city-wide rummage sales, being the bargain hunter than I am and as a way to kill a lunch hour, I stopped at a few, while its inevitable that I run into people that I know, its also inevitable that I run into someone who gives me that 'I just want to throw up on your feet' feeling.

This girl I graduated high school with just happened to be the recipeint of this feeling today. She was always Miss Popular and actually she was a really nice girl, just spoiled and uppity, you know the type, since we graduated from high school (which is a while a go but still a relatively short time) she has been married 3 times!! That's right, she's on her 3rd husband, no kiddos with hubby #1, hubby #2 she had twin boys and another boy. Now hubby #3 is at least 15 years her senior, we're talking late forties maybe early fifties, assuming since she has married an older man and already has 3 small children the last thing I expected to see when she turned towards me was a big ol' preggo belly, but that's just what I saw...there she was with her youngest boy oooing and aaaaing over the little girl clothes that were for sale, apparently she's having a girl this time, it took all Ihad to muster a response when she said hello. There are times when I wish I had one of those teleporters like they used to have in Star Trek, I would have beamed myself right the heck out of there. Man wouldn't that be great! Wait, I take that back, I would have stayed and beamed her preggo butt out of my sight! Instead, like always, I hang my head, not needing any of the adorable baby clothes she is so interested in, I head back to my empty, lonely car.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh...I hate running into people like that. Makes me want to crawl into a hole.

    But I like the idea of throwing up on her shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete