Tuesday, June 16, 2009

8 years

Today is our wedding anniversary.....8 years I can hardly believe it. It seems like 20 after all that we have been through. Is it a day to celebrate?..I'm not sure, yes we've made it 8 years but it has certainly had its ups and downs, the one thing we have both longed for so long we still don't have. We've had a rough couple of weeks, first our boat, our pride and joy - mind you this boat is worth more than our house, is having lots of issues and is in Texas getting fixed, this is the second time in a matter of 3 or 4 years we have had this issue with our boat. DH is NOT happy. Then on Thursday last week my car got hit while it was parked in front of my office - of course the wonderful scumbag who hit it didn't leave a note or anything so I get to fix it myself ! Just what we needed when we're short on cash anyway. Then yesterday, we were having an issue with our four wheeler that we also had in the shop, come to find out there is something seriously wrong with it that will cost over $1000 to fix - LOVELY!!! So dh is crabby makes a comment last night that everything he has is JUNK....I know he didn't mean me, but I couldn't help but feel that I was just another thing in his life that is not in working order due to no fault of his own. It was just a really depressing moment for me. Nothing ever seems to go right in our world. It's hard to celebrate any day when things are just so crappy.

To top it all off I got a letter in the mail inviting me to my 15 year class reunion! Yay!! (Ok I'm lying) I have no intention of going... the main day activity is a get together at 'Miss Married Three Times' from my previous post a month or two ago - the one expecting her 4th child with her 50 something husband...Oh man, wouldn't I love to spend the day at their house! Not only that but the letter goes on and on about all the fun activities they have planned for the kids and in my response I need to tell them how many kids I will be bringing because they need to know how many sitters to round up....ummmmm Big FAT ZERO on all accounts, I am not attending your kiddie fest...I am not attending any of it - all I need is to go and see how well everyone elses lives have turned out and have to keep telling everyone I see "No we don't have any kids yet" - I'd rather shoot myself.

So things at our house are as turbulent as ever, here's hoping the next 8 years are something to celebrate.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you've been having a tough time. We're here, listening.

    On a bright note, 8 years is quite an accomplishment! Especially considering all the crap you've been dealt.

    ((HUGS)) to you.

    ReplyDelete