Friday, July 31, 2009

Bad Bad Blogger

Its been 6 weeks since I posted last! Welcome to my new followers! Since you joined I imagine I should write something to follow. I have no good excuse for not keeping up except its been a busy summer- but nothing has been going on to write about if that makes sense. Brief summary of the what's happened in the last 6 weeks along with some random facts about me.
  • 2 more cycles ending the way they always do. It was five years ago this month that I got pg the very first time. Its been exactly four years since we were given the go ahead to ttc by my RE after my m/c testing and lap surgery.
  • Nasty storm with grapefruit sized hail that luckily spared us (even though my car is still not fixed from my hit-n-run and dh's truck is still missing a topper window) we didn't receive any more damage. Downside - the body shops are now booked til November so our vehicles will probably have to wait until then.
  • Trips to the lake with friends and their kiddos - fun times -but makes me yearn for a little one of our own even more. Dh had so much fun with our friend's 2 1/2 old little girl in the fishing boat - he was helping her reel in fish and let her drive the boat - so cute! What's not so fun is knowing your friends are holding back from talking about things around you - numerous times I walked in on conversations about b/c, when so and so was going to try for another etc etc. - with the conversations abruptly ending upon my arrival....yep I've become that girl people are afraid to talk about these things in front of.
  • Trip to friends with newborn baby - I actually held the baby some and didn't want to run to the bathroom to cry - progress! For the first few months after my m/c's I refused to hold any and all babies. Most people didn't know what had happened to us, they must have thought I was some cold hearted b****
  • Weather has been unormally cool this summer - I don't miss the heat at all but summer is almost over and it seems as though it hasn't really been summer yet. I inherited the wonderful family trait of being an excessive sweater....if its above 85 degrees I don't even have to move and my face sweats - its so sexy! :)
  • Vacation at the lake in which I spent 4 of the 7 days on my hands and knees tiling/grouting/cleaning the floor. I can now single handedly lay ceramic tile - though I would never want to do it for a living. After helping the in-laws build the lake house I can do pretty much anything construction wise, build a wall, sheetrock, lay flooring - you name it, I've done it.
  • Shopping for a new boat again, in the time that I've known my husband we have owned 9 different boats - we currently own 4. No we're not wealthy, or crazy.... we have one nice fishing boat that has been across the country since April, one really small duck boat for duck hunting, one medium fishing boat that stays at the lake house and another small fishing boat dh inherited from his grandfather that he would never part with.
  • Oh, and reading everyone else's blogs everyday and never posting on my own :)

That about sums it up, I hope you'll stick with me blogger friends -I promise to do better!

1 comment:

  1. I feel you on becoming infant-phobic after my miscarriages. I was afraid it would never go away, but it seems to have improved. Maybe one day I will actually hold one of my own in my arms. I can always hope.

    ReplyDelete