Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Birthday

Today is my 33rd birthday.....am I excited its my birthday? I couldn't be farther from it, another year has passed, another year without a child of my own, another year closer to the inability to ever have any children. Another year of heartache of longing for something I may never have. Did I ever in my life think I woudl be childless at 33? Not in my wildest dreams.

Why does every occasion in an infertiles life have to be tainted in this way, once I would like something to celebrate, once I would like to look back and say this was a good year. Once I would like to be thankful for what I do have instead of mourning what I don't.

Happy Birthday? I wish.....

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel Lori. My 30th birthday was March 8. I wish we didn't have to go through every holiday or celebration with the constant reminder of our lack of children. I have been meaning to write up my blog about my birthday. Maybe I should just copy and paste yours LOL HUGS girl!! 2009 WILL be a great year!! I'm determined!

    ReplyDelete