Thursday, August 6, 2009

In the closet

about being a Twilight fan that is......everyone I've talked to that has read these books has just loved them - I was curious but had no intention of actually reading them. Then a friend at work had a copy she was reading because her friend -who is totally obsessed BTW- insisted she read it. Well she did and she was not impressed - her comments were that the books were juvenile and just really not that interesting and I took her word for it.....well after she finished she brought it to me just because we had been discussing it and she thought maybe I'd like to read it....so I went in thinking this is going to be stupid.....well I read it in two days.. that's pretty normal for me, once I get into a book I can't put it down, so during this two days the girl kept asking me what I thought - being embarassed to admit I was actually getting into it I claimed it to be 'okay'.....well I finished and still unenthusiastically reported that it was 'okay' - when in acutuality I REALLY enjoyed it and plan to read the next one as soon as I can get my hands on it - I wouldn't call it an obsession but I can't wait to read New Moon, shhhhh don't tell my co-worker :)

However, I rented the movie last night - it was TERRIBLE!!! I know movies based on books are never as good as the books but this one was really bad - it was just ALL WRONG and did a horrible job of portraying the true love story that the book is...they tried to horror film it all up and it was just bad. I think I'll stick with the books.

2 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAP did you just post a blog entry!?!?!! Im so happy! lol
    I havent read the books, Im a terrible reader (I'm too impatient)- but the movie totally stunk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love love love the twlight books! I had the one and dh got the rest for a gift and I read all of them in.....4days!! No Lie I didnt get anything done at work for the week lol.. Dh was so glad when I was done with them! lol Have you seen the movie!

    ReplyDelete