Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Holy Crap Batman!!

So last night I was lying in bed after I had just shut the lights off, my dh had fallen asleep on the couch and it was just me and my dog in the bedroom. I heard a bunch of noise and thought that dh had woken up and was coming to bed.....I waited and he never came up the stairs, so I listened more carefully, I could hear the dog doing her sleeping breathing and I knew it wasn't her, soon I could hear what soundling like scratching and a 'tink tink' noise like dishes gently clanking together........I listened for a minute or two.....it wasn't my imagination, something was making noise in the house. I was scared s***less. I carefully got out of bed imagining all kinds of critters scurrying about the house, I didn't want to turn on the light because I didn't want to see anything scurrying about, so I carefully walked out of the bedroom and listened to see if I could pinpoint where the noise was coming from......I figured out the noise was coming from my upstairs bathroom....so I carefully walked into the bathroom and listened, the 'tink tink' and scratching noise was still there......so I took a deep breath and turned on the light. I quickly looked around to figure out where the 'tinking' was coming from. I have ceramic vase in the corner of the bathroom on a corner shelf and so very bravely while chanting to myself 'don't scream, don't scream, don't scream' I peered inside the vase.........sure enough the culprit was in there ..................a little black BAT!!!! Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!!! I didn't scream, but I sure as hell didn't stick around either, I was down the stairs so fast I'm not sure if I even touched them......I woke up dh frantically telling him there was a bat in the bathrooom, my dh does not do well when woken, he was quite confused and groggy, but after much pleading on my part I got him to go up the stairs, luckily the little critter was still in the vase and not flying around or I think I may have been out of my front door prepared to sleep anywhere but inside the house. Dh put a magazine over the top of the vase and carried it and our little intruder outside and let him go, I wanted dh to kill it, but he just let it fly away......needless to say I didn't get much sleep after that. I figure it came in my heating vent in the bathroom because that one is not screwed to the wall and it was slid out to where it was about to fall out of the hole. So today I was browsing a local classified site and there was an ad for a wildlife control company - the leading sentence was 'Fall is the time of year when bats come inside looking for a place to winter' - I can attest to that! I tell you one thing......that bat is not wintering in my bathroom.....lets just hope he doesn't make a repeat appearance or 'crit.ter get.ters' will be getting a call and he won't be wintering at all.

2 comments: