Friday, January 16, 2009

Got my Rock on....

I have a list of things I want to do/experience before I die, morbid maybe, but you gotta have goals right? Anyway an AC/DC concert was on that list, since the boys are not spring chickens anymore I thought my chances were probably slim, well to my excitement they began a new tour and were scheduled to come to a city near me. Being the spaz that I am I didn't pay attention to when the tickets went on sale and before I knew it the day passed and the tickets were completely sold out - I was sad and upset that I let this chance go by, but a little hopeful that somehow I could still fulfill this item on my list, so I started frequenting e.bay and craigs.list and to my dismay the tickets were selling for upwards of $200 per ticket- yikes! I refused to pay that although face value was over a $100 per ticket, I was bound a determined to find another way. I remember that often after the actual final stage configuration is set in stone they often sell tickets they previously had blocked off, so I started checking t.icketmaster daily time was running out with only 5 days to the concert and I thought all efforts were lost.....but lo and behold 3 days to concert time I hit the jackpot, not only were there tickets for sale but AWESOME ones at that, I quickly bought them and started making plans for this list worthy trip.

The concert was last night and it was pretty much all I had hoped it would be, my seats were unbelievable, right next to the state but a couple rows up so I could see everything. Angus was A M A Z I N G - he is truly an unbelievable talent - its like the music posesses him, it would be nearly impossible to find another musician who throws himself completely into the performance the way he does, I have been to many concerts in my day and have never seen anything even close to that. I was kicking myself for not bringing a camera or even my cell phone, I guess I will just have to keep those images locked in my head.The concert rocked, my ears were still ringing as i went to bed last night, but I think it was a small price to pay to say that I rocked out with rock and roll legends!

No comments:

Post a Comment