Thursday, August 27, 2009

A glimmer of hope?

I did some digging into insurance policies BC/BS offers - the policy I'm covered under under group coverage through work does not cover and IF stuff - in fact prohibits IUI and IVF - I won't go into all that....anyway I was digging and found that they do have policies offered under individual coverage that provide IF coverage up to $15,000 lifetime for about what my office pays for my coverage under the group policy....now I have to figure out a way to get my work to pay for my policy applied for as indiviual coverage.....Option 1 - It gets billed directly to them and they pay it like they always have. Option 2 - I pay for it and they reimburse me. However, there is a question if my previous IF testing/treatment will be considered a pre-existing condition. Best case scenario-since I'm already covered with this company they will waive the pre-existing condition and I will have immediate coverage and can do IVF soon....worst case scenario I have to wait 365 days for IF coverage, I won't be able to do anything for a year and I can do IVF next year....either way, I starting to feel there may finally be a glimmer of light at the my tunnel!

Anyone have any experience with this pre-existing condition/insurance stuff? Any words of wisdom?

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you will be able to find an insurance that can help. Or I suggest you move to a state with mandated coverage- RI is a good one, MA is even better! LOL! I dont think if its through the company they can deny you on pre existing conditions, but if its private they might be able to...? As always, saying a prayer for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, girl...that's good news! I hope it all works out. Insurance is so screwed up. I have my fingers crossed!

    I know for the disability insurance I was trying to get before we got pg, they considered all of my IF treatments as pre-existing conditions for complications of pregnancy. WTF? They have nothing to do with each other!

    I would think that since you are sticking with the same company, it makes sense you would be in the clear, but like you said, you can get to the IVF next year at the latest!

    ReplyDelete