Monday, August 10, 2009

Has ttc permanently screwed me up?

My left hand has been tingling a lot lately, it feels like it falls asleep all the time, I hadn't thought much of it but it's been getting more frequent - so I type hand tingling into Web.MD. and the second article that comes up is about how people who take Metformin can get a vitamin B12 deficiency that can cause nerve damage which presents itself with symptoms like tingling hands and feet......I'm not on metformin anymore, but I was for about 3 years.....WTF?? They never told me about any side effects like that.....I don't of course know if that is what's causing it, now I don't know what to do, I hate my regular doctor, I think they would think I'm nuts if I go in claiming nerve damage...do I call my RE who prescribed my metformin? Do I wait it out and see if it keeps persisting? I absolutely HATE going to the doctor, perhaps why I drag my feet on my IF treatments for years on end. As if this IF crap isn't mentally damaging enough, now I may actually have physical damage too...Fabulous!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yikes, that's no fun! I wouldn't wait it out too long, hon... sounds like something you want to take care of soon. But I also wouldn't get TOO worried about it since you're not positive that's exactly what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh as if IF isn't enough to deal with! I hope the tingling winds up being nothing and goes away soon. But I'd keep an eye on it.

    ReplyDelete