Tuesday, August 18, 2009

She stole my birth anouncement!

Little background, my dh is a huge fisherman, he used to be really into tournament fishing, though not so much anymore, he's more recreational now, but we have many friends that we met along the way that share this passion with us. Well some of our best friends in this 'circle' announced last Christmas that they were expecting. These details would only matter to an infertile- but they'd been together only a year and were not married, nor living together - and the mother-to-be let it slip to me how unwanted this pregnancy really was - she was on birth control and they were completely shocked-in fact she was in a deep depression for about the first three months and they told no one. Well they eventually got over it - and moved in together and all was well - although I'm sure you can imagine how this news tore me apart from the inside out.....we've been to see the baby and I've gotten over my jealousy, etc. etc. Fast forward ...they had the baby this June and are a happy little family.

In the fishing world - there are size restrictions on fish that can be kept to weigh-in for tournaments - fish that meet these reqirements are called 'keepers'. So it was always my dream when we finally had a baby to make it a cute play on words for our birth announcement stating that we finally had ourselves a 'keeper'.

So what do I get in the mail today? A birth announcement from the above mentioned friends with the cutest fishy on it that says 'He's a Keeper!" and inside all the adorable info and picture of their new little one.......just another reminder of how everyone else gets to live out my dreams....and I'm stuck in this cruel waiting game of infertility.

2 comments:

  1. Poop! :( I know the feeling all too well, except for me, it was my sister stealing my boys name!
    Its never any fun being in our shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so sorry that sucks!! I def know how you feel though!

    ReplyDelete